TechSpot

Windows Live Messenger problems

By Havocx
Sep 22, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I recently re-formatted my computer, when I got it up and running I installed the newest version of windows live messanger. My problem is when I try to log in I get a windows error message that states:

"Windows Live Communications Platform has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I have tried to un install and re-install the program and that did nothing. Has anybody else run into this problem?, or have any ideas on how to fixt this?
  2. Ididmyc600

Ididmyc600 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,251

Hi

did you do a google before joining here and posting ?

"Results 1 - 10 of about 23,600 for Windows Live Communications Platform has encountered a problem and needs to close.."

Seems to be a common problem and there are several sites with a lot of helpful advice..

such as here
  3. Havocx

Havocx TS Rookie Topic Starter

I actually did do a google search, but all I got was info on all the various windows live errors.

I thank you for the site you linked though, it has been alot of help.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.