Windows Logo Testing required for AGP card

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am not able to install the drivers for my new graphics card nVIDIA GeFORCE 5500 (256 MB). It is asking for WIndows Logo Testing to verify its compatibility with Winodws XP.

Please let me know:
what is this Windows Logo Testing?
Why it is requried?
How can i solve this problem and make use of my new AGP Card?

Attached file for reference.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Harish S

That does seem odd, since WIndows XP was already out when that card was introduced. Are you using the latest driver for that card (175.19) directly from Nvidia, or are you using the installation CD that came with the card? Some card makers modified their own drivers, and these may not have been submitted to Microsoft for XP compatibility testing (it costs them money to do so). I would go to nvidia.com and download the driver from them if possible, but if that is not a possibility you can just go ahead and continue anyway with the hardware installation. It is very unlikely that it will cause any problems, unless the driver itself comes from an untrusted/unknown source.

thanks for the quick reply.

I m using the CD which came with the card.

Let me download the latest driver from the nVIDIA.com

Will that really harm my computer if i install the drivers from the CD.

I would guess that the chances of it hurting your computer are very low, but of course one can never be certain. I would back up your computer first, just in case!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back