Windows ME - RAM Info

By thechuck
Jul 3, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is such a sad question but...Just got a PC w/ this crazy Windows ME. I have seen many posts about RAM related issues. As I am now experiencing some slowwww downs, I decided to check how much total RAM is on the computer. However...I can't figure out where this info is maintained and how I access it.

PLEASE, can anyone provide the path that will take me to where RAM info resides on a PC running Windows ME?????

Thanks and respect...TheChuck
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and read my post. A message for all newcomers.

You will notice a link to the free Everest programme. Download and run the programme. It will give you lots of info about your system, including how much, and what type of ram you have.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  3. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff Newcomer, in training Posts: 8,165

For immediate info, go to Control Panel and double-click in System.
    The first window will show you that you have Windows ME, and under it, how much memory the PC has.
  4. patio

patio TechSpot Maniac Posts: 700

Or from Windows Explorer clik Help and then About Windows...it will display your OS version and the amount of installed RAM..........

patio.:cool:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.