TechSpot

Windows Media Player 11

By skitzo_zac
May 24, 2006
  1. I have installed Windows Media Player 11. But i want to revert back to Windows Media Player 10 becuase im pretty sure 11 made my MP3 player stop working on my computer. There is no problem with the player itself because it shows up on the computers at skool. So is there any way possible to unistall windows media player 11 and install 10?

2. CrossFire851

CrossFire851 TS Rookie Posts: 1,058

Click , start, Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs , then you will see something that says

Show updates

click in the little box,

scrool down until you see

Windows Media Player 11

then click change/ remove it will unistall it and it will revert it to windows media player 10

You know I have no problem helping you, but it's people like you that runnin' it for all of us and make the school computers more resticted.

thanks alot

Rick

3. skitzo_zac

skitzo_zac TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 459

Ummmmmmmm Thnx for that but for Unknown reasons to me it doesnt rollover to the previous version installed (10 in my case) like it says it will. it seems to absolutely nuthing at all.

4. meatologist

meatologist TS Rookie Posts: 152

5. skitzo_zac

Okay i followed the instructions on that windows site and i got up to removing Microsoft User-Mode Driver Frameworks Feature Pack 1.0 but i cant find it to remove. i swear it isnt on my comp to remove from. and when i rove Windows Media Format 11 and the Windows Media Format 11 Runtime it does nothing wen i open Media Player it is just version 11 still. do i have to remove that Microsoft User-Mode Driver Frameworks Feature Pack 1.0 thing i cant find to remove?

6. WinDoWsMoNoPoLy

WinDoWsMoNoPoLy TS Rookie Posts: 269

How about just remove WMP completely then google for version 10?

7. skitzo_zac

I have the installer for 10 but if i run it it says there is already a more current version installed or something along those lines. If i knew how to i would just uninstall 11 and install 10 but i dont know how to.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.