Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because a compatible DVD decoder is not inst

Status
Not open for further replies.

bex

NVIDIA GEFORCE 4MX400
REALTEK AC97 Audio
MICRO-STAR INC. MS-6728
Maxtor 6Y160P0
512MB Realtek RTL8169/8110 Family Gigabit Ethernet NIC
Windows xp service pack 2
Using Magix 2.0 to edit Panasonic camcorder tapes to DVD. For some reason I cannot capture via Magix so I capture via Windows Movie Maker and edit via Magix. Once I have burned the dvd via Magix my dvd player tells me it's a bad disc, my computer get the error message, Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because a compatible DVD decoder is not installed on your computer, when I try and play it.
I have tried to play other DVD's and I get the same error message. I have re-installed windows media but still get the same message.
I did have Nero installed but un-installed this thinking that it may be causing the problem.
Installed the Windows xp video decoder and am told that the ligos MPEG video decoder impgvd.ax 4.0.0.104 is not compatible.
I know nothing about decoders but have always used window medio before with no problems. I am happy to pay for software that will sort my driver/decoder problems out but would be greatful for some advise.

K-lite codec pack

Hi There, thanks for your help, I have downloaded K-lite but appear to have another problem.
I was using DVD shrink and it then I noticed that I had no cd rom, I checked the device manager and LITE-ON DVDRW LDW -851S was disabled, I uninstalled and it installed again but it was still disabled with an error message... A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.
Troubleshoot brings up a blank page...I am pulling my hair out, all I want to do is make a simple movie from my camcorder, never thought it would be this difficult!!!

Since I reinstalled the OS, XP-professional, I cannot play DVDs. I get the "Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because a compatible DVD decoder is not inst" mesage! help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back