Windows Media Player Crash Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your windows media player crashes while watching videos but not listening to music then make sure you do not have multiple RAM chips from different brands.

If you have this problem test just having a single chip connected and you will most likely lose the crash.

The crash i'm talking about is the movie clip will start then either freeze up and reboot computer 20seconds later or go to a green screen forcing you to restart the comp.

Hope this helped. Just thought i'd post it since i know how annoying it can be lol.

On a side note if your computer crashes during gameplay, before you go buying new hardware or taking your comp to an expensive technician, clean out your fans!

Soooo many of my friends have complained about crashes. I open up their cases and there is dust everywhere. Overheating is a major cause of crashes from my experience.

-Rammie-

Thanks for the advice, which can save a lot of distress in several cases.

Probably a more permanent way to get over WMP crashes, and other shortcomings, is to replace it with a better alternative MP. There are many to choose from, such as VLC, Classic, Winamp etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back