Windows Media Player is rearranging my music folders... I don't want this to happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

tepeco

I have a PC, Windows Vista Home Premium.
I have ripped over 40 CDs from my collection of royalty free music and spent nearly 15 hours categorizing each track by dragging each music track from it's folder (that was created by ripping in Windows Media Player, version 11.0. I also change various information in the properties to suit my needs.

My problem is this: I create a new file folder for each style of music, drag and drop each song from it's original folder, eventually emptying it. I continue this procedure with each disc's folders and at some point, all of a sudden the screen redraws and I see the original rip folder full again, all the properties have been restored to original and upon checking, the songs I dragged to the new folders are no longer there. This has happened several times now and it appears as though it's going to be fruitless to attempt categorizing all the music into special folders.

I would say that WMP is doing this and I can't find a way to stop it. I assume that WMP is going online and updating my music information. I like that when I'm ripping, but once ripped, I want nothing to be changed if I should want to make it different. Surely, Microsoft will have a way to let me do what I want, right? Are there suggestions?

tepeco

same problem

Hi, I'm having the same problem with WMP rearranging my folders. Have you figured out what is causing it??? I went through every WMP option menu and could not find anything. Thanks!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back