Windows Messenger issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

crc0501

I've been running Windows Live Messenger lately and every once in awhile during use my computer reboots for no apparent reason. Looking around in the system I found the original Windows Messenger still in the system. I tried to remove using add or remove programs but it's not in the list. When I go to just delete the folder it tells me that other programs may get messed up by deleting it. I uninstalled Windows Live Messenger and tried again to the same effect. I would like to just delete Windows Messenger and reinstall Windows Live. Does anyone know of any problems with deleting the original Windows Messenger folder?

you can't delete windows messenger because it's part of windows

you may be able to remove it by going to control panel > add/remove programs (if you're using windows xp) and clicking the button that says add/remove windows features (or something along those lines - i'm using vista and can't remember the exact name). it may be in there somewhere

windows messenger and windows live messenger are fine on a pc together, i suggest just reinstalling live messenger

you're welcome :)

glad to hear you got it ok, i haven't had xp for a while now so i can't remember the names of everything ;)

hey hey

Windows messenger and Windows Live Messenger are 2 completely separate programs to the best of my knowledge. They should have no problem running simultaneously. Windows Live Messenger is the new form of MSN Messenger i think...

Spyder_1386 :)

you're completely right, Spyder_1386 :)

windows messenger is meant to be a simple one for business use or something but windows live messenger is the new msn messenger because microsoft call everything "windows live" nowadays

wlm has more features too because it's designed for casual use as opposed to windows messenger which is cut down and geared towards work and networking etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back