Windows Microsoft Power Shell 2 / Framework Core Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jckinnick

I recently noticed that on my computer i still had Microsoft Powershell 1 on my computer. So i went to the Microsoft website and downloaded Windows Managment Framework Core/ Power Shell 2.

Here

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968929

Now there are several websites that will not load. Not sure if its the website or what but there cant be that many websites that are down. Not sure really if that has anything to do with what i downloaded but after i downloaded that is when it started happening the next time i turned my computer on.

Can you uninstall it and see if that fixes the problem?

I went to add or remove programs and checked latest updates so it would show all the latest updates. I then tried to uninstall it and it gets about half way and shuts my computer down, so no it wont uninstall either.

Just to confirm Wikipedia is one of the sites that wont load. Is it working for you?

Turns out my cable company was having problems. Do you think that file is ok where i tried to delete it but it wouldn't delete? Should i reinstall it?

It would get almost all the way through deleting but then the step before it would shut my computer down. Could parts of it be deleted?

What do you think is the file ok since it didn't delete all the way, or could there be some of it deleted?

I can't say with certainty what the condition of the file is. It could be ok or it could be corrupted. You could try System Restore to restore the PC to a time before all this started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back