Windows Mobile 6.5 phones to arrive on October 6

By Jos
Sep 1, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phones running Microsoft's new Windows Mobile 6.5 operating system will hit the market in exactly five weeks, according to a recent press release. The October 6 launch will mark the debut of the new "Windows Phone" brand, along with the new My Phone synchronization service and the Windows Marketplace for Mobile, Microsoft's attempt to rival Apple's App Store for the iPhone.

Read the whole story
  2. yukka

yukka TechSpot Paladin Posts: 708   +28

One problem facing Microsoft is getting news about these updates out there. People (myself included) arent sure if they can upgrade their current phone to run the improved OS or if they need a brand new phone.
    I have a htc touch cruise. Will it update? I know if I have an iPhone then I can upgrade to 3.1 and enjoy the newest features. Does my htc have the same option? Thats where MS still has a long way to go and its quite unlikely they will catch Apple .
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.