TechSpot

Windows Movie Maker Issue

By JoeM076
Apr 12, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have Windows Vista and when using Windows Movie Maker I experience problems publishing my movies. The problem I experience is that when I make a movie, there seems to be a limit on the amount of video slides I can put in before the last one turns black and I only here the audio. This occurs in the preview section of WMM. When I go to publish it the whole video section of the movie is black, and only the picture sections and the audio plays. I recently have been getting errors from WMM about memory and FRAPS, which I am using to record the movies. I have 2GB's of XMS2 Corsair RAM so that shouldn't be a problem. The limit my movies seem to be under is 3 minutes and 25 seconds. If I make my movie over this, then the last slide will turn black, and when I publish my movie slightly under this time I get no video, like mentioned before. I tried publishing half of my movie which turned out to be 1 minute and 55 seconds and everything turned out fine.... So if anyone has any suggestions or comments, please feel free to post them! :)

[By the way, the FRAPS videos are in .AVI format.]
  2. Condor

Condor TS Maniac Posts: 461

3. JoeM076

JoeM076 Topic Starter

Well the point is that I want to fix the problem without having to make the whole movie over again. Is there any way I could do that?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.