Windows not genuine, no IE, new laptop

I have a new laptop, I can't seem to ever get through to our computer guys (they're trusted though we've used them for years), so I wondered if anyone here could offer help.
It's a Hi-grade R5500 Endura, and it's running Windows 7 (supposedly). It was pre installed, but it says it's not genuine. Also I can't seem to use any Microsoft programs on it (not found) and IE is no where to be seen, so how on earth am I supposed to access the internet on it?
Is it a hopeless case?

See if you can run the following and we can get some detail of the problem:
Please run the MGA Diagnostics tool
  • You will be prompted to either “Run” or “Save” the tool. Choose to “Run” the tool and follow the on-screen prompts.
  • You will receive an Internet Explorer-Security Warning dialog box for the Windows Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool>
  • You must choose to Run this tool when prompted.
  • Once you are presented with the Diagnostics tool choose Continue to run the diagnostic report.
  • If the RESOLVE button is available after running the diagnostics, please click RESOLVE to allow the diagnostic tool to attempt a repair.
  • After running the MGA Diagnostic tool, click on the Windows tab and then click on Copy
  • Please return to this thread and Paste the results here for review.
------------------------------------------
This tool will is to look on the computer itself, in the documentation you received with the computer or with your retail purchase of Windows to see if you have a Certificate of Authenticity (COA). If you have one, tell us about the COA. Tell us:

1. What edition of Windows is it for?
2. Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?
3. Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?

NOTE: The data collected with the Genuine Diagnostics Tool does NOT contain any information that can personally identify you and can be fully reviewed, by you, before being posted.

Please be sure tp paste the entire log in your next reply.
-------------------------------------------
Note: If you cannot download another browser to access the internet, see if this program will load on a flash drive. Then connect the flash drive to the 'sick' computer to run the program.

Do you have any other systems currently with internet access?

Totally agree with Bobbye, I suggest you might also get a browser (Firefox/Chrome/Opera etc.) from a PC magazine cover disk, they usually include a few?

Back