Windows not reading additional content on CD

Ok, pulling my hair out here, had a problem that seems to have gotten worse.

I have several audio cds that have additional content on the disc (sheet music in .pdf). I was able to view the content on my father-in-law's pc, so I know the content is on the disc.

However, on my pc, opening the drive in windows explorer only shows the .cda tracks. I would imagine that the .pdfs are in another partition on the disc, outside the finalized audio cd portion.

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the drive, but the problem persists.

I also tried running an audio cd that has a video file. Disc has 3 .cda tracks and a music video track, but cannot view the video. I was able to play the audio before uninstalling the drive, but now, when I insert the disc, Media Player opens, shows the .cda tracks, and ejects the disc prior to playing them.

Any suggestions?

- Regular CDs play fine
- Regular DVDs play fine
- Mixed content CDs do not show anything other than the .cda tracks

Ok, nevermind. Found the offending program.

I am running Slysoft AnyDVD software, which runs in the background and removes region codes, copy protection, etc from DVDs and CDs.

I deleted the drive filters value in the registry, which then caused this program not to work, but the enhanced cds worked correctly, and I was able to view the extra content.

Apparently there is a setting in AnyDVD that if selected, is supposed to remove CD Digital Audio Protection. If this setting is selected, it will ignore all but the .cda audio tracks. Deselecting the option allows all to work properly.

We appreciate you coming back with the solution. It might help others later.

Thanks as well! :) for providing your solution....

I also noticed this in your first post
I deleted the drive filters value in the registry, which then caused this program not to work,

So not sure if this applies, but fyi.. just in case it does!

Do you mean you delete upper / lower driver filters from the registry for CD/DVD? If yes, that can fix bad filters but can also remove good filters still needed by your CD/DVD products (not the CD/DVD driver, if that what you did?). You would need try uninstall / reinstall the products if they stop working after removing filters. Can often help

For future reference and explanation, See if this might apply [post=815753]CD/DVD or Disk Problems? How to Fix Problems Caused by Filters[/post]

Yes, I saw that as a possible fix in another thread, so I deleted the lower filter registry entry. That made the AnyDVD program stop functioning, but then allowed me to view the enhanced cd content. That led me to realizing it was an issue with AnyDVD, so after a quick search on their support site, I found the fix.

And I did have to reinstall AnyDVD, but once I unchecked the "Remove CD Digital Audio Protection" feature, everything works.

Back