Windows Phone 7 gets its first jailbroken app

By Emil
Nov 22, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Last week, developer Chris Walsh discovered a way to run native code on Windows Phone 7. Now, developer Kevin Marshall has created the first jailbroken app for Windows Phone 7.

Read the whole story
  2. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,472   +300

Come on microsoft! don't start the platform like apple and locking 3rd partys out of your store and do the decent thing and allow more API's.
  3. princeton

princeton TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,716

Seriously, everyone needs to write a letter to their local Microsoft representative and demand some access to all he cool APIs blocked for 3rd party apps. That or whine about it on Twitter."

I believe it should say all THE cool APIs.
  4. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

They need something to set them apart from Apple. If they just follow Apple's playbook verbatim, they're destined to fail, Apple has waaaaaay too large of a lead.
  5. I think microsoft is managing to let third party developers to use these API but in .Net. Since as I know that the .Net API is not completely ready we do not have access to all Hardware.
    So, let us wait for these to come soon.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.