TechSpot

Windows Phone now the #2 mobile OS in Latin America

By Scorpus
Aug 22, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Windows Phone has soared up the rankings to become the second most popular mobile OS in Latin America, jumping from fourth to second place in one year. IDC's Mobile Phone Tracker report claims that for the second quarter of 2013,...

Read more

2. treeski

treeski TS Guru Posts: 891   +133

I assume Android is #1 and iOS is #3?

3. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,708   +87

Yes Android is No.1 for Smartphone.

4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,331   +804

I quite like the Win phone OS. If it wasn't for their lousy app store I'd seriously consider one as my next upgrade. I actually prefer it to Android.

5. Same here, I'm quite impressed with the Lumia 1020 in particular. Only thing stopping me is the lack of apps compared to Android.

6. mojorisin23

mojorisin23 TS Rookie Posts: 67

I would never buy anything Microsoft.... their only accomplishment in the last decade is XBOX.

My 2010 excel at work functions no better than excel 95. Crashes daily. They make pure garbage.

7. mojorisin23

mojorisin23 TS Rookie Posts: 67

Sad that after reading the article, we have to assume anything. bad journalism.

dennis777 likes this.
  8. Well, im from Santiago de Chile, pretty techy city for latin american standards and I swear that ive seen no more than 10 windows phones in the streets
    Here people loves Android, you see lots of Galaxy S3 & 4 on the streets and TONS AND TONS of cheaper android phones, at least from my perception, Iphone is second place here, not Windows phone

9. pmcardle

pmcardle TS Rookie Posts: 97   +17

Your excel crashes? What kind of piece of crap hardware are you running it on? Your comment is a joke!

10. yRaz

yRaz TS Addict Posts: 982   +123

It's hard to compete with high end android offerings, but android does not scale well across hardware. Android certainly has more apps, but the low end phones are so slow you cant use many of them. Windows phone is the clear choice for the budget smartphone user. That, and Microsoft doesn't allow(limits, really) the apps you can preload onto wp8, so no preloaded bloatware.

11. dennis777

dennis777 TS Enthusiast Posts: 281   +32

Cant compare the rank to anything... you need to update the article

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.