Windows Phone wins 5.6 percent of U.S. smartphone sales

+1
Well I am thinking about finally getting rid of S3 and getting an iPhone instead to go along with my 920. Since, getting 920 I hardly ever use S3, even IF I do, it is mostly for trying out new ROMs, which is kind of getting boring now.

+1
Well I am thinking about finally getting rid of S3 and getting an iPhone instead to go along with my 920. Since, getting 920 I hardly ever use S3, even IF I do, it is mostly for trying out new ROMs, which is kind of getting boring now.

The problem with Windows Phone 8 is the app eco system, but it is slowly growing. I think WP8 will gain a lot of popularity this year since a lot of people dont like iOS7's killing of skeuomorphism. iOS 7 looks a bit childish and Windows Phone seems more professional.

I guess with most of the top apps now available in WP store, and alternatives for many others, it isn't a big issue at all. For example, for instagram, Instance is a brilliant replacement. Other main apps I needed, was Skype+Viber, twitter etc. are all available on WP. Only thing which is missing in WP store (and I occasionally used on S3) is Flipboard, but there are few good free + paid alternatives. So all in all, it isn't that bad any more.

Developers are taking WP more seriously now. Is it easy to port apps from one OS to another? I knew it is very easy to port apps from Android to BB10, that is why it is growing so quick.

I remember somewhere that MS was designing some sort of API tool to help android developers port their apps to Windows Phone. However, since, they are totally different beasts (architecturally speaking), I am not sure there is a direct way to port apps. Does it matter? I think not beyond a certain point.

Beside, I always believe, that having a bigger pile of sh** doesn't mean much. TBH, in Play store there is lots of that, along with lots of nasty malware to go with.

One thing which I haven't been able to put my finger on, is why on earth android slows down over time, whereas, WP or even iOS devices doesn't do that. I have been trying to crash or slowdown my 920 with pointless app installations/un-installations but so far I've failed to do so. I'll try the same on iPhone 5 soon as well ;)

Back