Windows Pro SP3 black screen on start up

terry5880

hi all i got pc with win pro sp3 and when i turn it on i get black screen saying NTLDR is missing press ctrl alt delete to restart but thats all it does is restart then back to same thing please help as i do not want to reformat as i will lose everything . but if this is only way then is there anyway to save my photos applications etc thanks in advance

hi found compaq recovery disc so tried a press r for recovery its done but now still blk screen but msg now says NTLDR is compressed help help i dont want to do full reformat as will lose everything

hi all update i now have managed to get windows logo screen up but now get msg saying
[LEFT][FONT=verdana]"your system has detected a configuration error, please report this error to customer care using the phone number found in the warranty and support guide that came with you PC. Unless corrected, this error will prevent your PC from operating properly. Turn off your PC by pressing and holding the power button. After a few seconds your PC will automatically turn off. (Code Purple) [/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=verdana]I see a thread on here with same problem from 2008 and the guy managed to fix it thanks to a member called simon boss here is what simon put [/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=verdana]To access the "C:" drive to rename the file: [/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=verdana]1. Boot the system with a Win Xp Original Disk. [/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=verdana]2. When you have to select "Enter" to reload or "R 'for Recovery Console select" R ". [/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=verdana]3. Select the "C: \ minint" Drive to bring up the System [/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=verdana]4. At the "H:\minint" prompt, change to the "C:" prompt [/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=verdana]5. Change to the directory "C: \ hp \ bin \ configcheck" [/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=verdana]6. Rename the file with the command "ren run.py run.p_" [/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=verdana]7. Reboot the machine and there should be no "Code Purple" error. [/FONT][/LEFT]

i get to number 3 and am confused can someone pls help thanks
[LEFT] [/LEFT]

think i worked it out but still gets to windows screen and same message please some one help asap

hi magic i cant get into pc tho it gets to windows logo screen but then freezes on that with msg about purple code so only thing i can do it restart over and over

Get another hard drive. Install Windows on it and then transfer the data you want, from the "bad" drive to the good one

i see what your saying m8 put as 2nd drive slave and copy all to that then do fresh install would that work with an external harddrive aswell ?

ok bud so i take out old drive put new 1 in install windows on it then once all good put old drive in as a secondary . so if im right main will be (c) old 1 will now be (d) then copy all my stuff from " (d) " to " (c) " once done then bingo. then just use old drive as a storage ?

tmagic650 the 1 of 3 pll who seem to reply to people thanks so much for your help and quick replys bud LEGEND

I am here in my home office, at least 12 hours a day. While I am waiting for parts or computers to finish updating, I have a computer right here to answer posts, that's why I am fast. The new site took a few days to get used to, and I was out of town last weekend

Back