Windows Problems Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da_g33k

:mad: hi,

i have just got a new hdd for my laptop, and i have been trying to install windows XP on it, i have been using a 2.5'' to a 3.5'' hdd adapter to install the os, after i have installed the os i let it run into windows splash screen and it runs straight into windows with no problems what so ever, now after i have done that i shutdown my system (properly) and take the hdd out and put it in my laptop, so here is the fustrating bit, i switch the machine on with the screen saying,

"sorry for this inconvience" i think you all know what i am talking about,

and it asks me if i wanted to start up the system normally or in safe mode,
so i select normally, with it getting jammed up on that screen, the hdd shows that it is doing sumthing for about 5-10mins but it does jack all,

so... i turn the laptop off, then i get the same screen now i choose safemode,
so it loads up all the files it needs then just STOPS!?

as you all can tell this is really starting to tick me off, and i will much appreciate all help that is put forward :)

btw: the laptop i am running is a Toshiba Portege 3480ct, for who dont know this laptop is ultrathin and does not have CD drive of fdd

Thanks Ben,

Da_g33k said:
after i have installed the os i let it run into windows splash screen and it runs straight into windows with no problems what so ever, now after i have done that i shutdown my system (properly) and take the hdd out and put it in my laptop

I think this may be your problem, if I'm reading it right..

you need to install the OS with the laptop hardware connected...

although I've never owned a laptop (I don't even know why I'm posting a response to this, ***somebody follow up***)

Windows Registry Problem

Hi,

I keep getting an error message that reads:

One of the files inthe registry had to be recovered using a log or alternative copy. The recovery was successful. (or words to that effect)

This getting quite annoying as it pops up every minute or so, in fact have had about 3 in the time it took to write this thread.

Have used programs such as Registry Mechanic which did find some errors but hasn't fixed the prob.

Help please.

also you may want to try CCleaner (Download.com)

but most importantly, this sounds like spyware
get a legit copy of webroot spysweeper and adaware (Download.com)
also the one button checkup in norton systemworks works well

May I also suggest RemoveIT PRO (Download.com)

If this doesn't work, post back

if it does pick up stuff from waht fiziks suggests, then go to the security and web section of the forum, read the top stickies on how to remove and cleanout your system (not exact words, but you get the idea). follow all instructions properly, create a new topic on that subforum and if you get stuck on an instruction, mention it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back