Windows Remote Desktop & laptop questions

T

TopTop18

Hi,

In the near future I'm going to university. For that I'll need a laptop, but I have a very small budget.
So I was looking at the possibilities and stumbled upon the possibilities of a remote desktop connection. But I'm not sure if this will work and I can;t find enough information about it on the net.
I got an awesome desktop at home, but if I make a remote connection to that computer from a cheap, crappy, laptop, would the connection then use the resources at the home computer or do I still need a good laptop for such a connection to work? And is there huge lag with a remote connection or is this not that bad?
The internet speed is no problem as I've got a glassfibre copnenction at both the university and at home with speeds around 100 and 200 mbps.

Hope you guys can help me!

Remote desktop is not meant for that purpose. It is meant for technicians at a remote site work with a computer in another location to diagnose a problem

I know it's not meant for that purpose, but i want to know if I can use it like that ;)

Accessing your home computer like that would be very clumsy and slow. If you insist, try it from a friends computer first

Back