Windows restart when loading PC game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.
I have a problem. Everytime I try to load a PC game (ex. Need For Speed Underground), my computer restarts, without any warning! What can it be? My girlfriends PC just started to do the same when she tries to start The Sims2.
We think it might be ZoneAlarm because we just updated it, and the problem first came thursday evening, after the update!
We sit in a LAN with connection to the internet. We both have ZoneAlarm and Anti-virus.

My comp is:
1Ghz Athlon
384ram
2 HD, one 80 and one about 50GB.
As far as I remember my PSU is 350W

Hobe u guys can help me...

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

If you right click my computer select properties then the advanced tab click on startup and recovery settings and uncheck the box that says automatically restart also set the memory dumping option to none.

Then the next time your computer crashes you will be able to see what is causing the problem.

Write down the error code and any driver etc that is identified and then post the results here.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

Ps please will you fill in your system specs in my.TS.forum at the top of this page(click on edit profile). This will help us to help you quicker.

Hi, back with reply

Hi. Thanks for the welcomeing :)

I have changed the things you said. And when I tried to run a game the blue screen appeared.
It said:
The typical msg. with the computer was restarted for preventing loss of data. Then it said that this problem maybe was because of low disk space, and I should check that, or try to change my videoadapters. Or check for BIOS updates, or "Disble Bios memory options such as caching or shadowing"(?).
The STOP msg. was this: *** STOP: 0x0000008E(0x0000005, 0x00000220, 0xF4C46CC8, 0x00000000)

Does this tell you anything? Im lost... :confused:

Thanks for the first reply.

I will fill out the information right away!

/Michael

What OS are you using.

Have you installed the latest drivers for your graphics card etc?

Do not upgrade(flash) your bios unless it is absolutely necessary.

Have you tried using system restore to before you upgraded Zone alarm?

Regards Howard :grinthumb

Hi again.
I just found out last night, that it was ZoneAlarm that was causing the problem. If I unplug my internet and shut down Zonealarm, all my games can be run with no problems! That is ok....but i sucks that I have to do that each time.
I just dont get how Zonealarm can cause that big conflict...

By the way, my OS is WinXP.
Im not using the newest videodrivers. Cause when I install the newest, my computer crash/freezes pretty often when gaming...

What graphics card are you using?, if you have trouble with new drivers I would check your bios agp setting etc..

I agree with you that zone alarm is causing the problems, is it possible to disable it while playing the game, then enable it for internet use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back