Windows restarting

Rukichu

Hey guys, it seems my computer is having issues again. Earlier today, I was online doing what I normally do, and after leaving the computer for a little while, I returned to see it had mostly freezed (although I was able to CTRL+ALT+DEL and access task manager.) So, I turned off the power and rebooted. At that point, it wouldn't even load into the OS and just kept restarting, giving me the same "Windows did not start successfully" screen. I've tried going into all of the Safe Modes, the Last Known Good Config, and it still doesn't work. When I select "disable automatic restart on system failure", it gives me the infamous BSOD.
The BSOD says, under technical information, "***STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF7A39528, 0xC0000034).
My OS is a Windows XP Professional. I wasn't experiencing any issues with freezing, viruses, or anything like that prior to event stated above.
Please help, and let me know if there are any other specs you need to know.
Thank you very much.

**EDIT: Also, just for you to know, I'm currently using the recovery console to run the chkdsk /r just in case it has something to do with the hard drive.

Back