Windows Security Center.SP2Update: Settings (Registry change, nothing done)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is the HJT forum but first I must say that the problem I'm having was found by Spybot. Yet, Spybot keeps saying it is removed and it isn't. I've searched the web and found others are having the same problem. This is what Spybot found and then I'll attach my HJT log to see if you can tell me if anything there is the cause.

Windows Security Center.SP2Update: Settings (Registry change, nothing done)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\DoNotAllowXPSP2!=dword:0

Windows Security Center.AntiVirusOverride: Settings (Registry change, nothing done)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusOverride!=dword:0

Windows Security Center.FirewallOverride: Settings (Registry change, nothing done)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallOverride!=dword:0

Windows Security Center.FirewallDisableNotify: Settings (Registry change, nothing done)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallDisableNotify!=dword:0

Windows Security Center.AntiVirusDisableNotify: Settings (Registry change, nothing done)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusDisableNotify!=dword:0

Windows Security Center.UpdateDisableNotify: Settings (Registry change, nothing done)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\UpdatesDisableNotify!=dword:0

One search of the web said lsass.exe was the cause (one of many listed) and I did find that in the computer in my Prefetch file. I deleted it, leaving the "real" one in sys32, but I'm still having problems. Mainly, when I go on the internet, eventually my pages start loading really really slowly and I have to reboot and run spybot again just to get back on IE. I've had lots of trojans and worms get in, so I've installed the Lavasoft firewall and am runlning Avast Antivirus which I really like! Can anyone help, please?

Attachments

• hijackthis.txt
    4 KB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back