Windows Server 2003 restarting

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumeshmd

hi all

i am new to this forum.i got this link through google.i am facing a very serious problem as my windows 2003 server(standard edition) restarting everyday in the midnight.next day i can see the error message while logging in that the system got restarted due to stop error

"the reason supplied by user doamin\Administrator for the last unexpected shutdown of this computer is: System Failure: Stop error
Reason Code: 0x805000f "

this is the error message in event log.

can anybody help me..i have searched through the forum and found some solutions..i tried updating windows..after that it stopped restarting for 1 week..again for 2days it is starting at night.now i have disable the auto restart option at device manager..i m waiting for 2morrow

please help me

thanks in advance

Hi

System Failure, sounds ominous, I would back up any sensitive data quickly, its possible that its a hardware problem maybe overheating, or a component fault.

regards

Hey follow the steps below and post a dump file here next time it crashes but as said above first back every thing you need up

1. Right click My Computer and click Properties.
2. Click Advanced tab and click Settings under "Startup and Recovery".
3. Make sure that the "Write debugging information" has been set as
"Complete memory dump". And the dump file will be saved as
"%SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP".

After the problem occurs again, open C:\Windows folder and check
whether the memory.dmp file exists if it does post it here.

thanks friends

after disabling automatic restart it didnt restart for 1 day..but today morning at 12:45 it again restarted.

memory.dmp is created..but it is more than 500mb..after zipping it is 176mb.i am trying to upload it.but nothing is happening

rapidshare is not working here..i am uploading in mega upload.once it is finished i will give u the link

thanks

Go back here and change Complete memory dump to something smaller like Kernel Memory Dump if not that use the last one there

1. Right click My Computer and click Properties.
2. Click Advanced tab and click Settings under "Startup and Recovery".
3. Make sure that the "Write debugging information" has been set as
"Complete memory dump". And the dump file will be saved as
"%SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP".

As for the mini dump it points to mfehidk.sys which is mcafee but they say it is due to Daemon Tools. Do you have that installed if not get it to crash and post more files make sure to change the Complete memory dump to something smaller

hi

thank you for your helping

i have installed McAfee server and Mdaemon mail server to the same system.but it is working like this for 10 months.
i will post the minidump as soon as posible. one more thing..today morning it didnt restarted yes.after the last restart the up time is 32hrs.

thanks n regards

hi

this is the main eventlog errors and warnings

1 error id 6008
The previous system shutdown at 12:25:43 AM on 6/27/2008 was unexpected.

2 error id 35 wlbs

NLB Cluster 0.0.0.0 : Cluster mode cannot be enabled due to parameter errors. All traffic will be passed through to TCP/IP. Restart cluster operations after fixing the problem by running 'wlbs reload' followed by 'wlbs start'.

3 warning id 12 w32time

Time Provider NtpClient: This machine is configured to use the domain hierarchy to determine its time source, but it is the PDC emulator for the domain at the root of the forest, so there is no machine above it in the domain hierarchy to use as a time source. It is recommended that you either configure a reliable time service in the root domain, or manually configure the PDC to synchronize with an external time source. Otherwise, this machine will function as the authoritative time source in the domain hierarchy. If an external time source is not configured or used for this computer, you may choose to disable the NtpClient.

4 warnind id 1056 dhcp server

The DHCP service has detected that it is running on a DC and has no credentials configured for use with Dynamic DNS registrations initiated by the DHCP service. This is not a recommended security configuration. Credentials for Dynamic DNS registrations may be configured using the command line "netsh dhcp server set dnscredentials" or via the DHCP Administrative tool.

5 warning id 1076 user32

The reason supplied by user domain\Administrator for the last unexpected shutdown of this computer is: System Failure: Stop error
Reason Code: 0x805000f
Bug ID:
Bugcheck String: 0x0000000a (0x00000000, 0xd000001b, 0x00000000, 0x8085addf)
Comment: 0x0000000a (0x00000000, 0xd000001b, 0x00000000, 0x8085addf)

6 error id 1003 system error

Error code 0000000a, parameter1 00000000, parameter2 d000001b, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 8085addf.

one more thing..i have hp proliant server manager installed.in that there is one option called ASR. I disabled that option and at that night system didnt restart,but was showing this error

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in blue screen and was hung. so i had to restart manually.

it will take more than 1 hr? this is the only dc in my network. and the server for our software.so i cant let it down for more time.is there any way to test memory on windows?

hi

i have run that for more than 4 hrs, but no errors found. again in the evening system restarted. i will post the mini dump..i am uploading in mega upload

when i first face this problem i have updated windows,then for 1 week it didnt restart.i donnow how to update all firmware and drivers.

shall i try that hotfix mentioned in that article?

i have installed that hotfix.again for 1week it didnt restart.from yesterday it started again.now i am going to change the memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back