Windows server 2003 SBS question, AD PDC

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgreaves

Can Windows server 2003 Small Business Server SP1 do active directory PDC? Meaning can it be a primary domain controller for other xp workstations?

If so I cant seem to find it on the wizards and also cant find any howtos on it anywhere on the internet..

If you want, THIS site can answer any windows related questions. It is an amazing site that told me everything I would ever want to know.

Yes, domain controller functionality is a part of SBS.

Maybe you are looking in the wrong places. There is no such thing as a PDC is Active Directory. There are only domain controllers.

Try running the "dcpromo" command.

leadpill924 said:
If you want, THIS site can answer any windows related questions. It is an amazing site that told me everything I would ever want to know.

YOU PRICK!!!! that was about as funny as syphilis.
It was a genuine question that i myself would like to know the answer for.
Go play your childish pranks elsewhere jerkweed.

leadpill924 said:

I was gonna call for a ban but it appears im too late..

k.jacko said:
YOU PRICK!!!! that was about as funny as syphilis.
It was a genuine question that i myself would like to know the answer for.
Go play your childish pranks elsewhere jerkweed.

Thanks.. The post above says that it can infact do this.. I have my entire domain(in my house) running on server 2003 Datacenter edition and it working but I am going to try SBS as a vmware machine to see if I can find where it is..

Nodsu said:
Yes, domain controller functionality is a part of SBS.

Maybe you are looking in the wrong places. There is no such thing as a PDC is Active Directory. There are only domain controllers.

Try running the "dcpromo" command.

Ok.. Im not sure of all the windows server terminoligy just yet since I have only use Linux for doing all of this before..

Ill try the dcpromo command to see if I can get it working..

I really like Datacenter edition, lots of cool stuff in there and its well worth the money I paid for it.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back