TechSpot

Windows server 2003 SBS question, AD PDC

By tgreaves
Jan 3, 2008
  1. Can Windows server 2003 Small Business Server SP1 do active directory PDC? Meaning can it be a primary domain controller for other xp workstations?

If so I cant seem to find it on the wizards and also cant find any howtos on it anywhere on the internet..

2. leadpill924

leadpill924 Banned Posts: 119

If you want, THIS site can answer any windows related questions. It is an amazing site that told me everything I would ever want to know.

3. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

Yes, domain controller functionality is a part of SBS.

Maybe you are looking in the wrong places. There is no such thing as a PDC is Active Directory. There are only domain controllers.

Try running the "dcpromo" command.

4. k.jacko

k.jacko TS Rookie Posts: 493

YOU PRICK!!!! that was about as funny as syphilis.
    It was a genuine question that i myself would like to know the answer for.
    Go play your childish pranks elsewhere jerkweed.

5. tgreaves

tgreaves TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 40

I was gonna call for a ban but it appears im too late..

6. tgreaves

Thanks.. The post above says that it can infact do this.. I have my entire domain(in my house) running on server 2003 Datacenter edition and it working but I am going to try SBS as a vmware machine to see if I can find where it is..

7. tgreaves

Ok.. Im not sure of all the windows server terminoligy just yet since I have only use Linux for doing all of this before..

Ill try the dcpromo command to see if I can get it working..

I really like Datacenter edition, lots of cool stuff in there and its well worth the money I paid for it.. ;)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.