Windows Store crack turns trial apps into full versions

By Rick
Nov 27, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. A tool of questionable ethical value has surfaced, allowing Windows 8 users to transform trial apps into their full-fledged, paid-for counterparts. Wsservice_crk has actually been available for at least a month -- most notably at the MyDigitalLife forumsĀ -- but only...

Read more
  2. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,259   +216

I hate that this requirement for having to implement potentially nefarious tactics, just to be able to load whatever I want (versus whatever apps have been deemed "worthy" by the relevant app gods) onto the hardware I've paid for, is spreading throughout the industry. I'm getting tired of having to scale the walls to get out of these gardens...
  3. Lionvibez

Lionvibez TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 458   +65

Lol I wouldn't be surprised if Ms left this loop hole open just like the media center one to ummm.... increase usage of windows 8 since it blows goats!
  4. treeski

treeski TechSpot Guru Posts: 863   +127

Yeah, I agree. The walled garden has its advantages for your average user (it IS more secure and it's easier to find the apps you want), but it shouldn't be so difficult to circumvent it for everyone else.
    Saturday likes this.
  5. Saturday

Saturday Newcomer, in training

All 5 of them.
  6. avoidz

avoidz TechSpot Maniac Posts: 452   +53

Sounds like a lot of work for very little reward.
  7. Seems like a lot of effort to create the walled-garden on MS's part to be cracked within the 1st month
  8. Dude please send me the steps of installation of this crack after doing the steps mentioned in the txt when I click crack it , it says u "did install wssservice_crk ? " pls help

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.