Windows Update Error (0x8007370B)

Status
Not open for further replies.

uni8685

Hi guys,

I'm trying to download Vista SP1 in order to download the newly released service pack 2. During the installation, I get the error code 0x8007370B. I've googled the error code and have tried most of what's recommended online. Any bright ideas?

I have a manufactured computer.
3.4 GhZ
2 GB or Ram
32-bit Vista OS

Also, I have never been able to download updates, so all advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

From Microsoft:

• [1]What is the System Update Readiness Tool?
    [2]What does the System Update Readiness Tool do?
    [3]What Windows Update installation errors can the System Update Readiness Tool potentially address?
    0x8007370B ERROR_SXS_INVALID_IDENTITY_ATTRIBUTE_NAME The name of an attribute in an identity is not within the valid range.
    [4]The following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
    [5]Choose the appropriate tool for your OS:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821

Yeah, I tried that yesterday. I successfully downloaded the Update Readiness tool for my version of Vista, unfortunately that wasn't able to solve the problem. Any other bright ideas?

IS there anything else you have already tried so I don't waste my time duplicating what you have already done?

Also, if possible, please post more than one option. So that I can try a couple back to back if any of them do not work.

Sorry, but I'm not going to spend time doing what you could do on your own! You cannot expect me to be your personal 'searcher'!

Google is your friend- put this in the search box: Windows Update Error (0x8007370B)
http://www.google.com/search?q=Wind...f&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGGL,GGGL:2006-26,GGGL:en&aq=t

There are 75 hits. See what works for you.
We are all volunteers here and we try to spread out time around.

BTW, if you want to add something to your reply, use the Edit feature is there is no other reply.

What goes around comes around. Learn to be a bit more courteous. I'm simply asking for help, if you feel that you're too good, have someone else volunteer. I'm sure there are others on this forum that would gladly help.

Try follow these steps . They should give you a few options to try

I think what Bobbye is trying to say is that we appreciate as much info as possible so that we don't waste our time by redoing steps and going around in circles.

Hope the steps help somewhat :)

uni8685

Suggest you first go through each and every item in link provided by snowchick7669 in the last post #13 (it includes a list of several excellent to test/things-to-do to start)

Then if problems remain
  1. Please confirm if you were able to verify/check/complete each step (and if not - any you had to skip - please let us know which weren't verified)
  2. Then next look at your Windows services in Vista. For instruction to see it, See the starting instructions in this link
  3. To save a copy of the services appearing in the Services window: click Action->Export List, enter a filename and Save as tab delimited text. Attach it to your next post
  4. [post=740652]Look at this post[/post] for instructions on how to capture only the recent errors and warnings in Vista's Windows Event Log. Then attach it as well to your next post as well

Hi, I am still working with the Microsoft techs to resolve the issue. I'll post the solution that works for me after we get it to work. Thank you for the help thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back