Windows Update error 80246008

Miles54321

I have realized that my windows is not update and was not automatically,I was also not sure whether this was the correct forum to post this in, so sorry if it isn't, but when I came to install Windows Updates it just said:

"Windows has encountered an error: 80246008"

I cannot install updates and this hasn't happened to be prior, I'd like to please receive assistance in fixing this problem as it may cause me other issues in the future

Thanks

You might try googling "Windows Update Error 80246008" the top 3 hits are microsoft sites that deal exclusively with update errors. somewhere in there at microsoft.com updates there is a free phone assistance you can get for windows update errors. but there are plenty of forum posts also about your problem.
If you havent backed up any important documents and pictures and music to cd or dvd I suggest you do that first ......dont want to alarm you but it sounds like you may have a virus.

Well I did recently have a lot of viruses and someone on this website helped me get rid of them, I hope I dont have more

is it possible I dont have virus but I still have these errors because of previous viruses?

I recently had problems with windows xp home edition that would not do windows update....and the only way I was able to fix it was to reformat the drive and re install the operating system. there are guides on the internet to walk you through this process. do a google search for terms like [how to format and reinstall os] in my humble opinion that would be your best bet...especially if youve had problems with viruses on this machine....do you have the operating system re installation disks from when you bought the computer? is there a recovery partition? sometimes you have a c: drive bigger than 80 gb -120 gb and a d: drive that is small like 10 gb or less...that would be your recovery partition...do a search for your model of computer and how to recover or something like that! good luck to ya!

Ohh I forgot...you will need to go to control panel and system...and device manager...and get in there and write down what kind of video card you have and the sound driver name and the dvd writer / burner name...you will need to download drivers for those before you begin re-installing your os ..if the system is not more than 5 or 6 years old you should be able to find device driver files at your computer manufacturers website .those files are not included...I hope someone that is more familiar with a re-installation could post some suggestions....

Its cool I got a bits.reg file and insatlled it and now it works, im updating my stuff, you can close this topic now

Back