Windows update made many programs not respond

Afrosammy

I recently got an automatic Windows Update, and since then everything either doesn't open or open extremely slow. Firefox works as if nothing is wrong, but trying to open any Windows Explorer window that leads to anything that's not just a normal folder causes the explorer to freeze up and either not respond for a long time, or just stay locked up. I've tried restarting the explorer and that didn't help. I can't even get into System Restore a second time, because the first time I did it I only went back to a time before I restarted to apply the update. I noticed iTunes doesn't open (yet opens in the task manager?) and Skype infinitely tries logging me in.

Alright, I'm scanning now but earlier I restarted and now I'm noticing a lot of freezing, but it's just a no-response freeze and nothing like my past problem, so it might take a bit longer than usual.

Ran the scan through the night and nothing was found. I found it a bit suspicious, so I shut down and ran Malware Bytes' scan later, and still nothing. Since this restart, I noticed my computer is back to normal after another Window's Update installed, so I'm thinking maybe the update fixed an error with the last one?

Back