TechSpot

Windows Update Not Working

By Edocsil
Jan 27, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey, first of all, I have a Laptop running Vista ultimate 32-bit OS. I recently had problems with it where my computer frequently crashed, so I used the Recovery Disk to restore my computer. Unfortunately I couldnt find my drivers disk so I had to download all the drivers off another computer.

Now the only problem I have with my laptop is, Windows Update wont work... Everytime I open it, it takes a while to load, then when it does I see that I need roughly 49 updates, so I click update, and it just freezes... So I have to go to task manager and end the process...

I have many updates that I need, and I cant get to them thanks to Windows Update not working, but why wont it work, am I missing a driver or something? or is it something that I just dont know about :mad:

Any help would be greatly appreciated, if it is necessary my system specs are:

Laptop- Asus: M51SN AP003G
    Processor- 2.5gz
    RAM- 2gb
    Graphics- GeForce 9500m GS

Thanks heaps everyone

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.