Windows Update page not loading

Hi, i have been encountering problems with my video driver, it comes up with the critical error message that the file igxprd32 is not working.

i have uninstalled my video drive, and am attempting to update my system by opening IE, clicking on tools>windows update, but this page simply wont load. I have also manually attempted to get to windows update by going to the microsoft website. I've tried this on both firefox and IE, but neither can come up with a reason to why windows update wont load, is the website down at the moment?

any help will be appreciated.

Boot into Safe Mode with Networking
> On powerup, begin tapping F8 once a second. You should be presented Advanced Start Options. Select Safe Mode with Networking. Will it load the MS updated screen now???? If yes, i'd say go to the malware removal section and get checked out.

Follow directions here for instruction for Virus/Malware removal assistance. Create a new thread in the Malware removal forum. Copy/paste all your logs as instructed

@Astromole

OOOOppps! :eek:

Boy, did I misread the intent of your post when i first skimmed it first time the other day!!

<I'll sheepishly add> OK, never mind. Ignore my earlier posts :blackeye:

/* edit */
I just re-read it after seein' gbhall's apt post!

Back