TechSpot

Windows Updates

By AlbertLionheart
Aug 10, 2007
  1. PC has been trying to install what appears to be the same set of 3 updates for the last four weeks and looking at the updates list in add/remove programs shows that there have been no updates installed over that period.
    Anyone any ideas how to get at whatever looks after this process and how to reset to either abandon the installation of these 3 problem updates or start the process afresh?
    Thanks in advance.

2. AlbertLionheart

AlbertLionheart TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 2,026

Have I got the massed expertise of TechSpot beaten with this one?
    Come on, somebody must know about MS updates - MS don't seem to either!

3. ckrieger

ckrieger TS Rookie Posts: 30

Uh...have the updates been being delivered by Automatic Updates or have you gone to the Windows Update site?

4. AlbertLionheart

all by automatic - well thats the problem as the automatic installer seems to have stopped with the result that nothing is happening and I get the same 3 installs to do every time I power the machine off!

5. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,979   +362

Maybe you could try turning automatic updates off and update manually for awhile.

6. AlbertLionheart

Thanks mailpup - will give it a go to see what happens. It is as if there is a constipation - it won't get past the blockage of these 3 updates.....

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.