Windows Vista 32-Bit BSOD

Technoobie

Hi, I recently reformatted my computer and got a BSOD "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". I searched around on the net but couldn't find enough information about it so figured why not post here?

After restarting the computer got a little notepad:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: 00000019
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 97446031
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini072810-01.dmp
C:\Users\Slow Peice of ****\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-135939-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Slow Peice of ****\AppData\Local\Temp\WER403A.tmp.version.txt

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

F.Y.I the mods will probably move your post to the BSOD forums.

0xD1 errors are usually caused by faulty drivers but we really have no information as to what driver. So...

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Hmm... have the file but it says i need admin access... disable UAC? i'm sorry i'm a complete beginner at this lol

Your issue is with the driver eamonm.sys which belongs to your ESET NOD32 antivirus.

I suggest joining their very active and helpful forums @ http://www.wilderssecurity.com/index.php and tell them of your error code and this driver was cited as the cause of your system crashes. They'll most likely want you to attach the minidump as well.

By the way, is this the only time you received a BSOD? Any since reporting this one? Do you remember what you were doing when it occured?

Yup this was the only time....

After windows update, the BSOD occurred when i was shutting down (somewhere between logging off and "Windows is configuring update").

Got another BSOD after updating windows...

1. Updated/Installed Service Pack 1
2. Restarted
3. During the installation process, Step 1 finished (100%),when Step 2 was attempting to start (at 0%) got a BSOD, Didn't even get to Step 3.

Attachments

• Mini072910-01.dmp
    152.2 KB · Views: 3
It is an 0x8E error and these are almost always caused by hardware though sometimes they can be caused by drivers. Unfortunately it only cited a Windows OS driver and they are ussually too general to be of much help.

It appears the issue is centered on updating Windows. Contact ESET via the link I gave you and attach both minidumps. I believe this will be easily rectified. NOD32 is an excellent antivirus.

Back