Windows Vista 64bit PAGE_FAULT (ntfs.sys, tcpip.sys)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.

I bought a new computer 3-4 months ago, installed Windows Vista 64bit SP1 on it and it ran fine, never had a single problem running programs like various games, photoshop and uTorrent.

My usage of uTorrent can be described as heavy.

I then decided to try out Ubuntu (Hardy Heron) and that worked just fine aswell, however I recently turned back to Windows Vista 64bit and then my problems started to occur.

I have checked my disks with chkdsk /f /r and my RAM passes memtest, the only drivers I have installed are the NVidia for my Geforce 9800 GTX and the chipset driver provided by Intel for my chipset.

All other is basic drivers supplied by Windows. This is the exact same setup as before Ubuntu, back when Windows worked perfectly.

I think it might be related to me running uTorrent, so far, the only times the BSOD has happened has been when uTorrent was running, both the 1.7.7 and 1.8.0 versions. I will report back here if it happends without uTorrent running.

Here are my minidumps.

Thanks alot for all your help. I hope we can solve this problem.

Kind Regards

Christoffer

You have 0x50 errors which are caused by Memory Related Hardware faults or Software.

Try running Prime95 to test your CPU. Use the first 2 tests "Small FFT's" and "Large FFT's", run them for about 15-20 mins. The program will find any error in minutes.

If this doesn't find any errors then try uninstalling uTorrent and running without it or use a alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back