Windows Vista BSOD assistance needed

By MarkR
Sep 4, 2008
  1. Hi everyone!

I was just curious as to why my computer has been BSOD'ing recently. It occurs randomly. While I'm playing a game (Unreal tournament 3, Bioshock, etc...) as well, what I found most weird was that I was just surfing the internet and it BSOD'ed again.

Would any of you kind folks be able to assist?

The Error copy is:
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.0.6001.
    Locale ID: 4105

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: a
    BCP2: 00000002
    BCP3: 00000000
    BCP4: 81E94354
    OS Version: 6_0_6001
    Service Pack: 1_0
    Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:

... and I believe you will also need the latest minidumps which I have attached.

Thanks for the help!

2. MarkR

MarkR TS Rookie Topic Starter

If it helps, I also ran 2 online scans (TrendMicro's and F-Secure's) which didn't find any viruses.
  3. Pccrazy

Pccrazy TS Rookie

Have you checked the system temperature? Sounds like you have overheating problems.
  4. MarkR

According to HWMonitor and CPUZ max temp of all 4 cores during gaming is 68, 66, 65, 63 degrees celcius; max temp on the vider card (geforce 9800 GTX) is 67... is that still too hot?

5. peterdiva

peterdiva TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,088

Both crashes are caused by CX88Vid.SYS. This looks to be a video capture driver, maybe by Conexant Systems, Inc? You'll need to find out what it belongs to and then look for an update.

BugCheck A, {8fbfefef, 2, 0, 81e94354}
    Probably caused by : CX88Vid.SYS ( CX88Vid+1107d )
    Image name: CX88Vid.SYS Timestamp: Thu Jan 06 18:19:05 2005 (41DD0289)
  6. MarkR

OH MY GOD!!! Thank you!!! Uninstalled and tested and no longer crashing!!!

When I built my new computer, I tried moving my MSI TV @nywhere tuner. After multiple tries of installing, it just wouldn't work. For the life of me, I don't know why I never took out the hardware and removed the drivers! Hahah! BAD MARK!!! :p Anyways, thatnk you guys for your posts and thank you peter for taking the time to check out my dump. (Hehehe... that sounds funny ;)

Take care guys...

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.