Windows Vista BSOD - daily occurence

Got a new BSOD on my PC. Have'nt had any for a long time, but I guess I was due. Its difficult to say when it occurs because usually its when someone else uses my PC. but anyways here is the information I get in the "Windows has recovered from..." window after a BSOD restart.

BCCode: a
BCP1: 00000016
BCP2: 0000001B
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 824E17DB
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1

Attached is the most recent minidump file, if it can be of use. Thank you for any help, I'm out of ideas right now.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    21.5 KB · Views: 1
That 0xA error is caused by either hardware or faulty drivers. Unfortunantly nothing definitive was cited as the cause of said crash.

Do you have anymore recent minidump files?

That 0xA error is caused by either hardware or faulty drivers. Unfortunantly nothing definitive was cited as the cause of said crash.

Do you have anymore recent minidump files?

Yes. attached are mindump files dating back to when this began, which is only five days ago. Thanks.

Attachments

• Minidump2.zip
    105.2 KB · Views: 1
One of the dumps gave a definitive cause of your system crashes as being the Norton driver symevent.sys. We see this driver and software cause a lot of issues for a lot of people.

Try one of the following:

1. Update current install or...

2. Uninstall, reinstall, and then update.

* Do you gain stability?

One of the dumps gave a definitive cause of your system crashes as being the Norton driver symevent.sys. We see this driver and software cause a lot of issues for a lot of people.

Try one of the following:

1. Update current install or...

2. Uninstall, reinstall, and then update.

* Do you gain stability?

Blasted Norton....I actually uninstalled Norton a few days ago. I'll try a re-installation and update and see if that works. Thank you.

Hold on. Norton is notorious for leaving driver remnants behind. Therefore, go to their website, find the special Removal Tool for your version and use it. Your system should be clean now.

Hold on. Norton is notorious for leaving driver remnants behind. Therefore, go to their website, find the special Removal Tool for your version and use it. Your system should be clean now.

OK, did that. I think I'll probably get something else for antivirus software. Norton has been so much of a headache, I really would rather not mess with it again now that I think about it. Hopefully this will get rid of the BSOD's at least. I'll give it a few days and see if any pop up again. Thank you for your help. :)

OK, did that. I think I'll probably get something else for antivirus software. Norton has been so much of a headache, I really would rather not mess with it again now that I think about it. Hopefully this will get rid of the BSOD's at least. I'll give it a few days and see if any pop up again. Thank you for your help. :)

You're welcome. :) Please keep us updated and let us know if the stability continues or not.

Kaspersky and NOD32 have great antiviruses (I run NOD32) as does Avast and Avira. The latter two have very good free versions as well but when it comes to my main rig I like the $ versions.

You're welcome. :) Please keep us updated and let us know if the stability continues or not.

Kaspersky and NOD32 have great antiviruses (I run NOD32) as does Avast and Avira. The latter two have very good free versions as well but when it comes to my main rig I like the $ versions.

OK, so it looked like things were solid for a day, but then three (so I've been told) BSOD's came up over the last two days. Attached are the minidumps for those. It does seem a pattern has developed of them occurring after the PC has been sitting unused for several hours. Thank you again.

Attachments

• Minidump3.zip
    59.6 KB · Views: 1
0xA and 0x7E errors but nothing definitive was identified as the cause. What security software are you running at the moment?

Back