TechSpot

Windows Vista freezing when plugged in

By bdb1324
Nov 25, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. I have a toshiba satellite and when i plug it in a few minutes later it will freeze. If i startup in safe mode it runs no problems. I tried using a different power adaptor same thing freezes after a few minutes don't know what is going on. I scanned for virus' and can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Try performing a system restore... Sounds like the Vista install is corrupt

3. bdb1324

bdb1324 TS Rookie Topic Starter

i tried restoring back to 10/03/10 but still same problem and I don't have the vista disk to do a repair install

4. Tmagic650

Take it in for service...

5. bdb1324

i was hoping that someone would have an idea instead of taking it in...i am pretty savy and know what i am doing just wanted help from someone in to the right direction or their thoughts

6. Tmagic650

The Toshiba laptop doesn't have a restore function key when you first boot the laptop?

7. bdb1324

i am currently trying a factory restore to out of box state hopefully that will fix it. I completely forgot about that. Thanks for mentioning it.

8. Tmagic650

Okay, good luck and thanks for telling me you are pretty savvy with this stuff. It does make a difference