Windows Vista Home Premium, 32-bit or 64-bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leadpill42

Well I have read the thread to decide which one to get, but it didn't help much. So I'm building an entirely new system, and have two questions. Main question is, should I buy Vista 64-bit, or 32-bit. My Primary use will be gaming, and browsing. I will also do those little things that basically everyone with a pc does (music, movies, etc). Here are links to both versions of Vista that I want to purchase.
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit English for System Builders 1pk DSP OEI DVD
OR
Microsoft Windows Vista 32-Bit Home Premium for System Builders Single Pack DVD
Second question is, will all of this hardware be compatible with each other, and will it be compatible with both of the 32-bit and 64-bit vista types? I'm thinking if I go either way, I won't have to change my hardware since these are pretty new parts. Here are the parts.

SAMSUNG 22X DVD Burner Black SATA Model

COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 Black Aluminum Bezel, SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600AAJS 160GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W ATX12V V2.2 Power Supply

Foxconn P45A-S LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

SAPPHIRE 100242L Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card

Don't both versions come in the case? My Vista Ultimates that I bought all have both 32 and 64 bit disks in them. If not I'm sure you can get your hands on someone else's other-bit version and use your serial number.

I would DL a copy and run it first before you buy so that you ALL drivers install correct. I'm running xp64, I DL and encode movies and while I download torrents and burn but I just found out that my sony camera drivers wont install so I dont know if I'm gonna go back to regular xp or sell my camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back