Windows Vista is not keeping the correct time after using other hard drive

By starvista9
Jan 23, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have two hard drives. One hard drive has windows vista ultimate. The other has linux ubuntu.

When I boot into Ubuntu everything is fine, time is always correct. But when I bootup into Windows Vista the time is always wrong.

Example: lets say I boot into Ubuntu at 12:00am and use it till 9:00am. When I go to boot into Vista at 9:01am the windows time will be 12:01am, it is like time is freezing.

Please help it is annoying having to change the time everytime I login to Windows.

See pc specs below.
    ---------------------------------------- -----------------
    NZXT Apollo Case

IntelĀ® Extreme Edition Quad Core Processor 965

IntelĀ® Extreme Desktop Board DX58SO 1366 ATX Motherboard

Radeon HD 4870 1GB GDDR5 PCIe Graphics Card

PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750-Watt ATX Power Supply

XMS 3GB DDR3-1333 CL9 Memory Kit (Three 1GB Memory Modules)

Western Digital Caviar SE16 250GB Hard Drive - Windows Vista Ultimate

Western Digital Caviar SE16 250GB Hard Drive - Linux Ubuntu
  2. jq1801

jq1801 Newcomer, in training

check your time in your BIOS it may be off causing VIsta to think the time is different.
  3. brucethetech

brucethetech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 301

i had the same exact problem with those same os's. the bios was set right. i apologize for ths useless post but i never found out what caused the issue. only thing i can think was that somehow the system time zone info was lost after the primary hard drive was removed. ?????
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.