Windows Vista not booting! How do I save my Data?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey All!
I recently had to install some updates ... problem was that they took far too long and thus had to restart my computer.
Now while booting, i get to Vista's boot screen ... but it green bar just cycles and thus doesnt boot.

Ive tried using recovery ... but that seems not to do anything (as if my hard disk was locked)
Rescue Data ... again ... it starts of analyzing data to be rescued ... but doesnt end :S
Logged onto Linux and tried accessing my files from there ... but i cant mount the disk do to "permission issues"

I dont mind reinstalling vista ... but i dont want to lose my data
Any ideas on how may i rescue my data?

Thanks,
Newton

press F8 i tink it is and try booting into safe mode an drag off your files to a usb drive r sumting?
try "chkdsk" in the command prompt.
try connecting the drive to another pc (as a slave) and get the files off from there.
hmmmm wat else could you try...........

the_GIMP said:
try connecting the drive to another pc (as a slave) and get the files off from there.
hmmmm wat else could you try...........

ok .. ill try what u said. btw ... its a laptop.... i know how to connect the drive as a slave if its a desktop... what if its a laptop?

ya can buy a USB to IDE 2.5 converter on ebay for fairly cheap which connects to ur laptop hard drive and plugs into a usb port. (or usb to sata)

cant think of any other way to connect a laptop HDD to a desktop. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back