Windows Vista Stop errors/booting problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
My knowledge with computers is very limited so I will try to explain everything best I can retaining to my problem. My computer's OS is Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit. I've only had the computer for about a year and a half and I've had reoccurring issues with stop error codes. Whenever I go to reformat my computer, or repair it the computer only stays at a usable state for maybe a month, if that. If any other information is needed just let me know, I am not all that sure of what all I should be supplying.

Just recently my computer started getting more stop error codes and I cannot understand why. Rarely ever do I download or install anything. Right now every time I try booting up my computer the same message comes up without a booting disk in the CD drive "DISK BOOT FAILURE,INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER. I've tried going into my BIOS and changing certain things in hopes that it would be rid of this problem.

I've been trying to boot with two disk, the operating system disc, which was given with the computer, and the System Recovery Disc. I had tried calling E-Machines for help with this and I've called them countless times and no matter what I still end up with the same problem, the annoying stop error codes. Each time I try running both disk the command in repairing or any command on the disc what so ever is terminated because the memory cannot be read. I cannot even log onto the computer without a stop error code getting in my way. I've tried holding down F8 and i've chosen almost all of the options when booting with either disc.

Each time I am in the process of trying to restore my computer to factory condition or repairing it the process is stopped with a stop error code. I have written down the stop error codes that I am encountering, IRQL_NO_LESS_OR_EQUAL, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, PFN_LIST_CORRUPT. I'm not sure what those mean, exactly, nor do I know how to fix it.

Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated and any advice as to avoiding stop error codes from occurring is very helpful as well.

Sincerely,
Steven

Page Frame Number (PFN) list is corrupted.
Usually incorrect Drivers, or Memory issue. Can also be certain software - like Antivirus or Virtual software

Confirm all drivers are up to date (* System Specs unknown)
Run Memtest on your Ram

* Please put your System Specs information in your Profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back