Windows Vista Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello techies, I recently got a virus on my computer that consistently shut my explorer shell down and restarted it. It would continue in a loop as long as I was logged in, I opened task manager and found a few processes that keep popping up when the explorer would start, I forgot the names of them now, but I know that they are foriegn to Windows processes, I ended the process tree for them and they snapped back in moments later, is there anything I can do to remedy this problem ???

PLease help.

I had an exact same-symptoms virus. I only had so many seconds to get to system restore. This took alot of tries. I would get a little closer to it and BAM!: IE would shutdown. You have to get to system restore (quickly) and hopefully the date you choose will be good for your O.S to revert to. This 'virus' that I had eventually had an "offer" to purchase this 'antivirus program' that would 'get rid of it'. That's extortion for sure. Pick the closest restore point (just hours before this hit). Think about just what website you were on when this hit if you can. Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back