Windows Vista well-known Black Screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikkie

Hi everybody,

The last 3 days I'm experiencing this 'silly' problem. After I log on in my User Account in my original Windows Vista 32-bit..I face a black screen, and I don't know why but the contents of "My Documents" folder are displayed.

My temporary solution, (it was the only solution that I could think the very first moment) I just perform a Ctrl+Alt+Del, and I run a New Task. Then I write """explorer.exe""" and it starts loading my desktop. I perform that every single time that I turn on my computer and restart it..even when I switch users for Christ's sake.

Anyway, I've searched all the appropriate forums these 3 days and my conclusion is...that everybody is confused..everybody is asking for help and there is no solution.

Also, what else I found out is that just like my case the number one factor for these 'startup malfunction' is a Windows Vista Update. I remember very well, Windows Update asked me to download and install some important updates, and I said yes.

After I restarted my computer I faced this thing for the very first time.

I tried to put my original Vista DVD for restoring/Problem Locating...but nothing, it says that everything works just fine.

I think it's a really important and high priority issue since it's faced from thousands of users. Microsoft doesn't seem like understanding what's goin on here, so we have to find a solution.

Any ideas...be my guest and have a nice day.

Okay guys I just solved it, you just have to (Run-->regedit-->HKEY_LOCAL_* MACHINE-->SOFTWARE-->MICROSO* FT-->WINDOWS NT-->CURRENTVERSION-->WINLOG* ON-->and change the value of Shell to just Explorer.exe).

One of the latest microsoft updates caused this, and somebody has to find it out. (When I saw the value of Shell for first time it was something like ..... Explorer.exe C:\Program Files.......\Issac.exe , something like this.)

This is a common fault, many techs have seen and resolved with one post (basically the gina issue)

I did not see your original post come up, so was not able to reply.

Note this error is not from Windows Updates.
It is usually (and usually meaning just about always) from Spyware and trojans downloaded from the web.

You are advised to run an updated AntiVirus full scan through your system
As well as a good (usually and meaning always) using a free Spyware scan.
Like Ad-Aware; Spybots S&D; Malwarebytes so forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back