Windows Vista will not load pass the splash screen

centrino207

I seem to have problem with windows vista .

So today I was using my computer and every thing froze and I had to shut down the computer and re-start it and it re-started pass the splash screen and gone all black stuck there
eek.gif
eek.gif
.So I re-started it again and doing some kind of disk check saying checking disk , deleting index entry misstmp , correcting error index ,recovering orphane dat and other stuff I don't understand.

It than re-started loaded again splash screen welcome to windows than goes all black again and I re-starts it and it doing the disk check all over again.

I than tried safe mode it loads takes long time froze at saying loading drivers crcdisk.sys

now I got into safe mode but don't know what to do.

I will see what others here say about the problem but sorta sounds like error or missing windows file .

It will not load pass the splash screen saying welcome to windows it just goes black and nothing works frozen.It seems when I can't get into windows and I re-start the computer it does this disk check thing .It did say 0 bad sectors. But it seems windows safe mode is only thing that will work but not sure what to do in safe mode or what to check in safe mode.

You may want to take this to someone who understands computer repair to check or replace the hard drive

I'm very busy but I will see If I can back up my computer in safe mode by USB stick or external had-drive than run hard-drive test .

If all goes well after hard-drive test no problem than I think it will be easier to just re-install the OS again.

I could even try Linux boot CD see if boot to that OS if not it rule hard drive problem too.

"Well I'm in safe mode but not sure what to do in safe mode or what to check"...
When you said this, you sounded like you were clueless on how to check the hard drive. An OS re-install might show up a bad hard drive anyway, by not allowing the OS install to complete. Be sure to do a format before installing the OS again

I should also say I have had many problems with windows vista where by the internet would stop working , IE freeze and doing stuff in explorer would freeze and I would have restart the computer to fix this problem.It seems on average I would have to restart the computer 3 to 4 times a month.

I would click on IE it will pop up page would not load say cannot connect to the internet and IE would freeze and I have do a control alt delete to close it and than restart the computer to get every thing working again.

Note I'm running windows vista service pack 1 and IE 8.0.600 1.18904 this may be beta or first release may explain the strange problem.

That may explain some of the vista problems if I don't have all the updates and I'm running the first release of IE 8.

Most web sites and Microsoft have drop support really fast for IE 8 many sites tell me to update but not had the time to do all the updates.Many web sites too I have to run in capability mode too.

Not sure but I think Microsoft had problems with IE 8 and that why they have IE 9 and now IE 10 out coming soon.

Software changes really .

I would also like to say in safe mode when screensaver start the screen goes all black and I get message saying The screen saver can't run because it requires a newer video card or one thats compatible with Direc3D.

Why is that ? And hid alot of other people have problems with IE IE 8.0.600 1.18904

What are your complete system specs, including make and model, how much memory is installed, power supply size and video card?

Intel core 2 Duo T5850 2.1Ghz
Nvidia GeForce 8400M G5
4GB RAM

Windows vista Home Premium

System model HP Pavilion clv6700 notobook PC

system type x 64-based PC

sound device realtek High definition audio.

windows vista service pack 1 and IE IE 8.0.600 1.18904

I also have firefox too I use has browser .

Yes I know it is a notebook now. Notebooks are very hard on hard drives, but they have built-in restore options, and you should look into doing a factory restore at this point

Look in safe mode for restore options? Or do I look in BIOS for that ?

I have also notice the computer running hot and the fan running bit louder where month ago was not the case.

I thought notebooks are screens smaller 13 inch?

Netbooks have small screens. Notebooks and laptops are the same thing. When the laptop is first booting up, you should see options to press F something to boot into bios or boot options or setup options

Okay I got confused with Netbooks that what I was thinking about.

Why is the computer bit hotter the same with the fan?When doing things like virus scan the fan becomes very loud even when you close the program the fan is very loud and take long time to go to normal level.

Even normal is louder than was month ago.

You probably need to get the CPU and GPU's cooling fins cleaned. The thermal pads and paste may need replacement too

Back