Windows Vista 'window' size problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OpticalOrange99

Hey.

Where do I specify the default window size for IE7/Windows Explorer windows that I open up. They seem to come in all shapes and sizes. Some are fullscreen, others are too small to completely view all the horizontal content in the window. The columns in Windows Explorer windows also seem to be arbitrary. Most columns are too small (since I run at 1600x1200 with Large Fonts) to view the names of the files that are supposed to be displayed.

So my questions are:

1: Where do I specify for all windows to open up a certain size?

2: Where do I specify the column size for Windows Explorer windows?

3: (On another note) How do I set it so that when I click a Folder Icon in a Windows Explorer window it will open the new Folder NOT in the current window but in a new window? [I have looked in all the Windows Vista Folder options and none of them seem to do this for me. Strangely enough it works on my laptop with the same Folder Options selected.]

4: (Also on another note while I think of it) The Windows Vista Sidebar (which is inferior to the Google Sidebar I must admit) can't seem to be able to be resized either, and neither can the gadgets in it. Is there any way to edit the sizes of the gadgets and the Sidebar itself?

Any help would be appreciated.
Also if you're answering multiple questions please number them just to make it easier to read.

NIRVANAK said:
Did you ever get a solution to this? I can't find the answer on MS Vista Support. Thanks.

Nope. I have to manually resize all my windows. Well obviously just the windows that I use the most, Network, Computer, my user account folder, Documents, Music, Videos, Pictures, Downloads, etc. Damn Microsoft and Vista's lack of easy customisation. I wish you could resize all folders for ALL directories at once in some control panel.

Make sure you have all the Vista Updates installed. I use Vista Home Premium and I have no trouble with my window sizing. Sizing also is affected by the video resolution you run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back