TechSpot

Windows welcome page is pixilated

By netweb
Jun 25, 2007
  1. My system was shutdown for 3 weeks. When I restarted it the windows welcome page had a repeating pattern of single green pixels over the background picture. I then find that a number of windows generated displays also have this overlayed pixle pattern. If I display a photograph for example or any grapic from an installed program the display is perfectly OK. Any ideas?

2. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Evangelist Posts: 2,154   +6

Have you tried updating your graphics drivers?

3. netweb

netweb TS Rookie Topic Starter

Yes I have checked the driver and it is the latest available.
    I forgot to add that I am running windows XP SP2 plus all the latest windows updates.
    The graphics is a Radeon 9550.

4. netweb

I have checked and the latest driver is loaded. The Graphics card is a Radeon 9550 and I am running windows xp sp2 plus all latest updates

5. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Evangelist Posts: 2,154   +6

It is possible, though unlikely, that your system is infected with malware

Please go and read this thread and then post a HijackThis log as an attachment as per the instructions.

Regards :)

6. netweb

I have run a symantec full system with latest virus updates and nothing is detected

7. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,222   +231

Try changing the refresh rate/resolution of the video, reboot then change it back to what you had originally

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.