TechSpot

Windows welcome page is pixilated

By netweb
Jun 25, 2007
  1. My system was shutdown for 3 weeks. When I restarted it the windows welcome page had a repeating pattern of single green pixels over the background picture. I then find that a number of windows generated displays also have this overlayed pixle pattern. If I display a photograph for example or any grapic from an installed program the display is perfectly OK. Any ideas?

2. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Rookie Posts: 2,407   +6

Have you tried updating your graphics drivers?

3. netweb

netweb TS Rookie Topic Starter

Yes I have checked the driver and it is the latest available.
    I forgot to add that I am running windows XP SP2 plus all the latest windows updates.
    The graphics is a Radeon 9550.

4. netweb

I have checked and the latest driver is loaded. The Graphics card is a Radeon 9550 and I am running windows xp sp2 plus all latest updates

5. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Rookie Posts: 2,407   +6

It is possible, though unlikely, that your system is infected with malware

Please go and read this thread and then post a HijackThis log as an attachment as per the instructions.

Regards :)

6. netweb

I have run a symantec full system with latest virus updates and nothing is detected

7. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 21,074   +169

Try changing the refresh rate/resolution of the video, reboot then change it back to what you had originally

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.