Windows will not load on new motherboard

Spiders

So I just bought a Asrock z68 Pro3 motherboard, with a core i5 2500k and 8 gigz of g.skill sniper series @ 1600hz.. I cheerfully ripped out the old stuff and put in the new and booted, the first error I got right at boot was windows (windows 7 ult 64bit) could not load so I did the automatic repair.. it said it didn't work so it wanted a restore so I tried that, it didn't do anything.. whenever I try to load into windows it just rebooted. So from there I did the windows command prompt under the repair and did
bootrec.exe /fixmbr
bootrec.exe /fixboot
bootrec.exe /RebuildBcd
After I finished that it started the windows loading screen and just froze and rebooted...
So I checked the BIOS, it reads everything prefectly fine.. RAM, CPU, all my HDD's... everything..

So I tried booting into a Win7 install disk to try to repair.. it was the same process.
Then I tried a different HDD with a different OS, windows xp.. it did the same thing.. just started loading windows then froze.

I did try updating the BIOS to the newest version, and even clearing the CMOS, and repeating the steps above.. it did not work..
So I put in a fresh HDD and tried putting Win7 on that one.. it errors halfway through installing..

finally gave up to defeat and reassembled my old comp back in.. and it works fine..
So I have no idea what is wrong.. is this where I RMA? I sent a message to Asrock but have no idea how long it takes them to reply..
Can any of you think of anything else I could try? I'm worried this will happen again with the replacement.

All drives are sata.
And my psu is an antec 650w earthwatts.
And the video is an ati radeon HD 4870 but I did try it without it being installed.

Well, the reason behind it was my old mobo didnt have ahci, only an ide setup so simply reinstalling windows solved it

Back