Windows won't boot at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lost power today and my laptop ended up running out of battery. When I regained power and tried to reboot the computer I got a blue screen saying something about an ati2dvag error and something about an infinite loop. It said that if it was the first time seeing that error to just restart the computer, so I did. The problem is that now my computer won't boot at all. I have tried all forms of safe mode, last known configuration, etc. No matter what I do once it gets to the windows screen and looks like it's going to boot, it stays there for a few seconds then the screen goes black, I hear a little click and it starts booting up again. I also tried the option about not rebooting even if there is a critical error. Any suggestions are appreciated.

What were you doing at time time of the power loss? another thing you could try is disconect everything from the laptop remove the battery and hold the on switch for like 5-10 seconds and try again. Worked for me when i had boot problems with my laptop

I was actually asleep when it happened but my computer was on. By the time I woke up the battery had died. I will try unplugging everything and removing the battery...thanks.

That, and also try deleting the hibernation information that's saved on the hard drive.

Failing that a drive repair *might* help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back