TechSpot

Windows Wont Boot!

By budd4224
Oct 19, 2006
  1. I just put a new hard drive into a system. Windows XP Prof. installed fine, SP2 installed fine, while the windows updates where installing I installed all my programs back on (Adobe, Firefox, etc.) Before i connected to the internet I set up my firewall, but did this after I installed SP2. Computer rebooted several times during driver installs and windows updates as prompted, windows always loaded fine. But as soon as the windows updates finished installing, and reboot, windows will not load. It gets to the screen where you can choose Safe Mode, Last Known good config, and start windows normally. I can boot into safe mode, but that is it. I have tried system restore but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sytem Specs.
    Windows XP Prof. SP2
    Asus Motherboard
    512 Ram
    AMD Athlon XP
    100Gb Maxtor HD

2. budd4224

budd4224 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Nevermind, I figured it out :)

3. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,485   +233

So, what was it?

4. budd4224

budd4224 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I had a driver conflict, apparently I didnt go back far enough in the system restore. so i restored to where SP2 was finished installing and started over from there. :grinthumb

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.