Windows Word and installer

Microsoft office cannot verify the license for this application. A repair attempt failed or was canceled by the uses. The application will now shut down.

Also I am having trouble with the windows installer it can't be found .
This is what I get when I try to install microsoFtfixit50450.msi

The windows installer service could not be accessed.This can occr if the windows installer is not correctly installed.Contact your support personnel for assistance .

I am also having trouble updating iTunes that won't work either I am wondering if it is all the same problem.

If anyone can help I will be very grateful , I even downloaded Libre Office but that won't load either it says the same.

Thanks

Maybe the Windows Installer Service is turned off. Go to Control Panel, System and Security, Admin Tools, Services. Scroll down the list to find Windows Installer Service and double click. You'll then see options regarding starting it up. Unless this service is running you can't install anything.

Hi ,
Thanks for your reply I done exactly what you said and it worked thank you very much !!!
I still have the problem with iTunes it still won't take the updates .

I don't know anything about iTunes. Could you perhaps download the latest version from the Apple website and then install it? Check that Windows Installer Service is still working. I had a spell when for some reason the Service kept switching itself off. Windows can be a bit uncooperative at times.

HI ,

Just checked it is still on automatic , I am not sure if I download iTunes again if I would loose all my music , it takes ages sorting iTunes out so I don't really want to go down that road .

I suspect that it wouldn't delete your music but that's a guess. If you uninstall Microsoft Office it doesn't touch your Word documents and if you uninstall a video player program it doesn't touch your video files so you'd expect the same with iTunes. You need to wait until someone can advise you properly though. Better safe than sorry.

Hi ,
Well I decided to install the new itunes I downloaded it and just clicked open , fingers crossed , I noticed it was deleting files as it was running though , oh no I thought , then when it had finished I chose to open it and hey presto everything was there .
Thank goodness !!! ,so if anyone is having trouble downloading the updates for itunes just start again with the most recent download.

Back