TechSpot

Windows XP 64 install issues

1. ok heres my issue i am trying to reinsstall windows xp 64 bit
    and i keep getting the same issue over and over
    missing drivers folder windows/system32/drivers went there tried to make the folder and it says can create due to redundancies this is a new disc anyone have any tips on how to fix this issue????
    i am running intel I7 920 at 2.67 ghz
    and 8 gigs of rams any tips or tricks? i wouold be ever greatful

2. Computerpete

Computerpete TS Rookie Posts: 151

Have you checked the install disk to see if the drivers folder is there if it is you don't make a folder you either use the recovery console and copy the folder from the install disk to the c:/windows/sytem32.

3. BrokenWindaPan

BrokenWindaPan TS Rookie Topic Starter

files

yes i checked the disc i just bought this windows xp 64 disc lol first time ever buying windows products it is the real deal installed it twice before due to needing to reformat now i am finding the issues as i go seems to be a sata hard disc order issue but thank you for your input

4. pjamme

pjamme TS Enthusiast Posts: 285

Do you have SATA drivers on a floppy so you can hit the F6 key at the appropriate time?
    that may the issue. Wehn installing on older HP workstations xw4400 I had to have the Intel Matrix Storage manager drivers so i could chose the controller. I also ahd to set to ACHI in BIOS before starting. But when I did the xw4600 with the HP media I had no such problem.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.